My home base has always been Long Island, NY. I was raised Roman Catholic but became Presbyterian as a young adult. I came to the Presbyterian Church through a Coffeehouse which met in the basement of the Community Presbyterian Church, Deer Park, NY. Eventually I made it upstairs and became a member.
I began my formal education a year out of High School. I believed that God was calling me to be a teacher but at the time, I thought it meant in a school. Little did I imagine that one day I would become a Teaching Elder in the PC(USA)
- SUNY at Farmingdale, NY, Associates in Nursery Education
- St. Joseph’s College, Patchogue, NY, Bachelors in Special Education/Elementary Education
- New Brunswick Theological Seminary, New Brunswick, NJ, M.Div
I continually seek opportunities to improve myself and my skills so that I am equipped for the type of ministry God has called me to participate in.
- 06/18/2015 – Holy Experiments Seminar: Meetings that Transform and Growing an Adaptive Staff, Interim Ministry Network, Baltimore, MD.
- 05/20/2014 – Webinar: “A Church for Everyone: Messy Church” through the Practical
Resources for Churches (PRC)
- 08/12 thru 8/16/13 – Emotional Intelligence and Group Development workshop, Center for Emotional Intelligence and Human Relations, Skills, Buckeystown, MD.
- 08/26 thru 8/31/2012 – Interim Ministry training Week II, Montreat Conference Center, NC
- 11/17 thru 11/20/2011 – Moderator’s Conference and Parliamentary Procedure Training, Louisville, KY
- 06/20 thru 6/24/11 Emotional Intelligence and Human Relations Training, Center for EQ-HR Skills, Rehoboth Beach, DE
- 03/28 thru 03/30/2011 – Training on use of Ministry Toolbox software, encompassing people, healthy congregation surveys, mission and vision statements and
tracking projects, Toronto, Canada
- 08/11 thru 08/14/2010 Church Unbound Conference, Montreat Conference Center, Montreat, NC
- 02/23 thru 03/16/2010 High Impact Community Ministry, 4 Web Seminars, Alban Institute
- 11/16 thru 11/20/2009 – Conflict Mediation Training, Lombard Mennonite Peace Center
- 10/12 thru 10/17/2008 Breakthrough Leadership Conference, Stephen Ministries, St. Louis, MO
- 06/03 thru 06/05/2008 – Spirituality, Discipleship, and the Task of Moral Development i Our Culture, Northeastern Seminary, Rochester NY
- 10/08 thru 10/11/2007 – Small is Beautiful, Union Theological Seminary, Richmond VA
- 06/21 thru 06/22/2007 – Missional Church Architecture: Three Essential Design Elements, Northeastern Seminary, Rochester, NY
- 10/09 thru 10/11/2006 – Leading Small Churches into Vital Ministry, Union Theological Seminary, Richmond VA
- 03/21/2006 – Prepare/Enrich Initial Training (Pre and Post-marriage Counseling),
- 02/2005 – Interim Ministry Training, Week I, Princeton Seminary, Princeton, NJ
SERVICE TO THE LOCAL CONGREGATION
I became a member of the Deer Park congregation in 1976 and was ordained an elder in 1996. My service to my home congregation has been:
- April 2005 Member of a nine person Medical Mission Team to El Salvador
- 2000 Helped to organize a weekly community dinner in partnership with the Roman Catholic and Lutheran churches
- 1997 thru 2001 Clerk of Session and Chair, Administration/Personnel Committee
- 1996 to 2005 Visitor or Elder Commissioner to Presbytery
- June 2005 Director, Vacation Bible School
- 1976 thru 2005 Teacher in Sunday School
- Since 1976 Member of Presbyterian Women circles
I am a second-career pastor, who was ordained as a Teaching Elder in October 2005. I am currently a member-at-large. My previous calls have been:
- 10/15/2017 thru Present – Temporary Supply Pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Allegan, MI, small town, 52 members.
- 06/27/2016 thru 09/18/2017 – Interim Pastor, full-time, Castleton Hill Moravian Church, Staten Island, NY, urban, 175 members.
- 11/08/2015 thru 06/12/2016 – Pulpit supply, First Presbyterian Church, New Hyde Park, NY
- 10/31/2011 thru 9/12/2015 – Interim Pastor, Congregational United Church of Christ, Farmingville, NY
- 03/2009 thru 03/2011 – Temporary Supply Pastor/Pulpit Supply, part-time, Grace Presbyterian Church, Selden, NY
- 11/2008 thru 03/2009 – Temporary Supply Pastor/Interim, halftime, First Presbyterian Church, Baldwin, NY
- 09/2005 thru 10/05/2008 – Stated Supply Pastor, halftime, Glenwood Presbyterian Church, Glenwood Landing NY
- 06/2005 thru 08/2005 – Summer Supply Pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Baldwin NY
SERVICE TO THE PRESBYTERY OF LONG ISLAND
- 01/09/2013 thru 12/31/2013 – Recording Secretary, ad hoc member, Board of Trustees
- 06/2011 thru 10/2011 – Member of the sub-committee Budget and Staffing Task Force for the Shepherding Council.
- 02/2011 thru 12/2011 – Representative for Board f Trustees on Shepherding Council
- 06/2009 thru 10/2009 – Chair, Designated Pastor Nominating Committee,
- 01/2007 thru 1/09/2013 – Secretary/Recording Clerk since 2009, Board of Trustees
- 06/2006 thru 10/2010 – Secretary/Moderator, two consecutive administrative Commissions
- 04/2006 thru 10/2012 – Commissioner to the Synod f the Northeast
SERVICE TO THE WIDER CHURCH
- 03/01/2013 thru Present – Operations Director, Center for Emotional Intelligence and Human Relations, Boonsboro, MD
- 10/2014 thru Present – Member Search Committee, Synod of the Northeast Presbyterian Women
- 10/2013 thru 12/31/2014 – Chair of Council, Synod of the Northeast, PC(USA)
- 10/19/2012 thru 10/18/2013 – Moderator, Synod of the northeast
- 10/2011 thru 10/18/2012 – Moderator-elect, Synod of the Northeast
- 10/2011 thru 10/19/2012 – Member of Advisory Team working in NYC Presbytery
- 2010 thru 10/2011 – Bridge person serving on Advisory eam to the General Council in NYC
- 11/2009 thru 10/2011 – Vice-moderator, Present, Monitor and Report Team working in NYC Presbytery
- 10/2008 thru 10/2011 – Member, Early Ministry Institute Design Team
- 2006 to 10/2012 Member and Convener 2008 thru 2011, Metro NY Presbytery Partnership Group
God has been good to me throughout my lifetime by exposing me to new opportunities to serve the Church of Jesus Christ. It is by the grace of God that I am able to share my gifts of compassion, exhortation and leadership with the wider church.